Actually, the current WoW expansion Battle for Azeroth was supposed to follow up on its strong predecessor Legion and provide us with an exciting faction war between Horde and Alliance. Instead, the developers at Blizzard remained true to themselves and once again delivered a rather disappointing content phase after a strong addon.
- Read more: BfA burnout - Why I wish Legion back (column).
Which features, systems and areas are particularly annoying and should definitely not play a role in the upcoming Shadowlands adventure (or should only be greatly improved) is exactly what the European pro guild Method recently addressed on their Youtube channel. You can find the video at the end of this article, but before that, here's a short summary of the ten points:
Recommended editorial contentAtthis point you will find external content from [PLATTFORM]. To protect your personal data, external embeds will not be displayed until you confirm this by clicking "Load all external content":
Load all external content
Read more in our
- Point 1: Island expeditions - too simple, too boring, too repetitive, too little rewarding.
- Point 2: Warfronts - again, too simple, too repetitive, not rewarding enough. In addition, the rotation of warfronts ensured that one faction already had access to a high item level item at the start of a raid season.
- Point 3: Azerite items - could not satisfactorily fill the gap of the deleted tier sets and Legendarys, poor balance of Azerite effects that can quickly lead to frustration.
- Point 4: Dungeons - most dungeons are too linear, some seasonal affixes clearly disadvantaged different classes, some abilities like Cloaking Mist from the rogue were way too important.
- Point 5: Grind - artifact power here, essences there - the grind factor in BfA was too much even for Method's frequent players. Especially if you want to play multiple characters, which brings us to the next point:
- Point 6: Twinks - in BfA it's once again way too much work to get Twinks to a good level in the endgame, especially when it comes to unlocking essences.
- Point 7: Story - faction war here, fight against Old Gods there - the story of BfA was quite a back and forth, but many developments seemed inappropriate, rushed told or illogical. Add to that the disappointing finale in Ny'alotha ...
- Point 8: Corruption - some of the corruption effects are far too powerful because they can cause enormous damage passively. The random effect only increases frustration if you don't get the items with the right effect. If you have a lot of gold, you can easily buy powerful BoE items with strong corruption effects.
- Point 9: Bugs - BfA is more bug-infested than previous expansions. There are still bugs in the game today that have been there since the launch of BfA. Especially at launch, the expansion lacked polish, Shadowlands shouldn't have been released in such a rush.
- Point 10: Randomness - in BfA, the randomness factor plays a big role again, too big a role, since virtually no system can do without randomness anymore and it's nearly impossible to earn the best possible equipment for an animal. That can just be very frustrating. At the same time, it doesn't really feel rewarding when you do get lucky.
What features, systems, and areas of BfA have been particularly disappointing to you? Where does Shadowlands need to improve significantly? Tell us your thoughts on the subject!Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Thank you!
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts about World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed free of charge in the future in the form we're used to.
That's why we're turning to you now. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content free of charge in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Support now
We thank you in advance
. Advertisement: Order World of Warcraft now on Amazon
Read also these interesting stories 0
WoW: No content drought after all? Hints of patch 9.1.5 discovered Is WoW facing a content drought in the coming months? The discovery of some Dataminer gives hope for patch 9.1.5
Blizzard loses game director and lead designer for Diablo 4 The Diablo 4 team loses its game director and lead designer in one fell
WoW: Hotfixes from August 12 for Korthia factions, Raw Kalo and Ingra Korthia factions, Raw Kalo, Mists of Tirna Scithe - there are new hotfixes for World of Warcraft.
00:57WoW: Furorion versus N'Zoth in Ny'alotha - ingame cinematic
World of Warcraft
Karsten has been writing about his favorite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed.
Is something missing in the article?
to the home page
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, which we use to partially finance the free content of the website.