It wasn't too long ago that WoW: Burning Crusade Classic players were allowed to move their characters from one server to another for free. In November 2021, however, this was only possible on 15 realms.
Free char transfers from now on!
In the official forum of WoW, Community Manager Kaivax announced last night that from now on free character transfers are possible again for Burning Crusade Classic. This time even 22 realms are affected. In the following we will only focus on the German origin servers:
00:30WoW TBC Classic: The Black Temple in the release trailer
- From Celebras you can transfer to Auberdine, Chromie, Everlook, Lakeshire, Mirage Raceway, Nethergarde Keep, Pyrewood Village, Razorfen.
- From Dragon's Call you can transfer to Amnennar, Ashbringer, Earthshaker, Golemagg, Mandokir, Mograine, Patchwerk, Razorgore, Sulfuron, Transcendence, Venoxis.
- Moving from Heartstriker to Amnennar, Ashbringer, Earthshaker, Golemagg, Mandokir, Mograine, Patchwerk, Razorgore, Sulfuron, Transcendence, Venoxis is possible.
- The formerly busy server Lucifron lets you escape to Amnennar, Ashbringer, Earthshaker, Golemagg, Mandokir, Mograine, Patchwerk, Razorgore, Sulfuron, Transcendence, Venoxis.
Requirements and restrictions
Note that - as always - there are restrictions on free character transfers.
Before the transfer
- The character's mailbox must be empty and there must be no open auctions. Do not create any auctions before the transfer is complete. If an error message about pending mail pops up after the mailbox has been emptied, there is most likely mail still in transit. In that case, wait until the mail arrives, empty the mailbox and try again.
- Save all macros before the transfer. The user interface will be reset after the transfer.
- If your character has a name that is already assigned on the new server, the character will need to be renamed after the transfer.
- A free character transfer may not be possible due to parental release. To disable parental sharing, the steps from the following support article can be followed.
Also read these interesting stories 0
WoW Patch 9.2.5: New map for Tirisfal - a new scenario? A fresh start for Calia Menethil and the Forsaken? Undercity and Tirisfal get a new map with WoW Patch 9.2.5! O.O 1
WoW Patch 9.2.5: Khadgar is back! And meets Jaina in Oribos The mystery of Khadgar's whereabouts is solved! In WoW Patch 9.2.5, the Archmage meets Jaina Splendor Sea in Oribos.
During and after the transfer
- If your character is a guild master, the leadership must be transferred to another member or the guild must be disbanded.
- Do not send mail to the character while the transfer is in progress. This can cause problems and delays.
- If items or character progress are lost during the transfer, recovery is not possible.
- Your character's name will be available again immediately after the transfer is complete.
To the home page
Jump to comments (2
- All mail that was in the mailbox prior to the transfer will be lost.
- Guild affiliation and tabard design will not be transferred. On the destination realm, the guild must be newly formed or a new guild must be joined.
- PvP rank will transfer with the character. However, this does NOT apply to any victories earned in the time between the weekly reset and the transfer, nor the honor from those victories.
- The list of befriended and ignored characters will be reset after the transfer.
- A pending transfer can be canceled. This will remove the request from the queue. Once the transfer is complete, it cannot be reversed. A reverse transfer is only possible via a paid character transfer.