Blizzard developers had already implemented a slew of hotfixes to the live servers of WoW: Shadowlands as well as Burning Crusade Classic on July 27, but some of the adjustments were only activated today, with the ID change on July 28. You can expect class changes for PvP in the Shadowlands as well as more Arena Points for Outland Arena teams
Hotfixes are updates made server-side without the need to download new data. Some of the changes listed below will take effect as soon as Blizzard implements them, while others will only take effect after an announced realm reboot. Please note that some issues cannot be fixed without a client-side patch.
WoW Hotfixes July 27, 2021 - Patch Notes
- [As part of weekly maintenance in each region] The PvP talent Ring of Fire now deals its regular damage component to targets in the area of effect less frequently.
- Developer Comment: In situations where players were stunned or immobilized within the ring, Ring of Fire was dealing more damage than intended. As of now, there is a cooldown before the ability reactivates its regular damage component.
- [As part of weekly maintenance in each region] The damage of the PvP talent Void Volley has been reduced by approximately 15%.
- [As part of weekly maintenance in each region] The duration of Intervene in PvP has been reduced to 3 sec, down from 6 sec.
- Developer Comment: Warriors are currently much better at protecting their teammates than other specializations. Hopefully, with the reduction in duration of Intervene, enemies will have more opportunities to successfully attack.
Dungeons and Raids
- The Necrotic Rift
- Forgotten Forge Hammer, Bloody Javelin, and Discharged Anima now deal 50% more damage, but no longer scale with player damage modifiers and cannot critically hit.
- Developer Comment: We recently discovered a bug that caused some dungeon spells to not do their intended damage. Fixing this bug has had a major impact on the usable items in Necrotic Lane. We took a close look at them and decided to make their damage more consistent and increase it by a fixed amount to compensate.
- Anima Burst's damage and healing have been increased by 50%.
Items and Rewards
- [As part of weekly maintenance in each region] Unleashed Gladiator's Shackle's channeled shadow damage is now a banishable magic effect (previously Curse).
- Developer Comment: We changed the effect to a banishable magic effect to give all healer specializations more options to counter.
Burning Crusade Classic
Support buffed - it will only take a minute. Thank you!
- [As part of weekly maintenance in each region] Adjusted Arena Points formula to increase points received per week. This will give most 5vs5 teams about 100 more points per week, most 3vs3 teams about 88 points, and most 2vs2 teams about 76 points. Teams that are near a 1,500 rating will receive more, and the curve will have the same maximum as before.
- Developer Comment: In the original Burning Crusade 2007, players could earn 450-500 Arena Points per week by playing at least 10 matches and winning more than 50% of them. Teams that lost the majority of their matches could expect to earn around 300 points per week. Since team scoring in Burning Crusade Classic starts at 0, the points-per-win curve is much lower. So we're raising the lower limit to compensate for the extra time needed to raise the score. With this change, all 5vs5 teams with a rating above 100 will receive at least 300 points per week.
All readers get free daily news, articles, guides, videos and podcasts on World of Warcraft, Pokémon Go and other favorite games. Up until now, we've funded this site through advertising and kept it as free of paid articles as possible, but since COVID-19, that's become increasingly difficult. Many companies are cutting or eliminating their advertising budgets for 2020. Budgets that we unfortunately have to rely on if we want to continue offering buffed for free in the future in the form we are used to.
For this reason, we are now turning to you. You can support us as buffed supporters so that we can continue to offer our content for free in the usual form without introducing a paywall or publishing misleading news. Every contribution, big or small, is valuable. Support buffed - it only takes a minute. Support now
We thank you in advance
Order World of Warcraft now on Amazon
Also read these interesting stories 1
WoW TBC Classic: Will Phase 2 bring another player boost? We reveal how busy the servers were in the first ID of TBC Classic Phase 2
WoW: Bonus week for PvP Battlegrounds starting September 29th WoW: The bonus week for PvP Battlegrounds begins on September 29th and invites you to cheerful battles for experience points and honor badges
WoW: Classic Ashran - PvP Brawl starting September 29th WoW PvP Brawl: Starting on September 29th, it's off to a classic variation of the Warlords of Draenor battleground Ashran. Here's all the info!
02:25WoW: Humorous Arena Tournament Trailer for Burning Crusade Classic
World of Warcraft
Karsten has been writing about his favourite hobby since 2009 - it all started back then as a rogue class spokesman at buffed.
Is something missing in the article?
to the home page
The links marked with * are affiliate links. Affiliate links are not ads, as we are independent in our research and selection of featured products. For product sales we receive a small commission, with which we partially finance the free content of the website.